Monday, September 27, 2010

What type of doctor/surgeon should I be?

I’m 15 but I really want to know what kind of job in the medical field i should get. I’m the type of person that WILL work hard while my partners are slacking. My main goal for college regarding to the medical field is to get my degree and start working by the time I’m 30, starting at least with 140k, given the fact that I start college once I graduate high school. At first I wanted to become a cardiologist (invasive) however as you know, surgeons are on-call which I would definitely not appreciate. I do want to have a family by the time I’m 35 so I want to work from about 8 A.M. given that I plan on having about a 40-60 minute commute to a hospital/clinic to about 8 P.M. since my mom is a nurse and basically had the same hours from Mon-Fri and Sat (O.T.) and my sister and I have turned out great so I feel that those hours won’t interfere with family discipline as long as my spouse is home while I’m at work ^_^.  So my mom only makes about 89k as an RN and about 120k with a lot of O.T. which sucks because she’s already 55 working that many hours so I want to prevent that from happening when I’m older. My mom recommends for me to be a dentist but I think dermatology seems more of a laid back job since in doesn’t involve much physical labor however I still wouldn’t mind being a dentist since all that standing would do me some good for exercise. Then again I could be a cardiologist (non-invasive) but I don’t think that would get me 140k a year starting because it’s not like everyone needs to consult with a cardiologist so after a lot of thinking I only be a health-work.blogspot.com/' target='_blank' class='infotextkey'>doctor rather than surgeon to prevent those odd hour on calls. For me I think dermatology/dentistry. Then there’s other doctors that do prognosis’ like proctologists. In all, I basically want to be a type of DOCTOR that…


1 )gets me out of college by the time I’m 30 years old basically 12 years is my limit.


2) makes at least 140k as a starting salary (guaranteed)


3) doesn’t involve odd hours e.g. 2 a.m.


If you are going to say that you have to enjoy the job that you can excel in, then that’s basically anything that I deem interesting which is basically most of the human anatomy, and the fact that I just want to make enough money so that I know I can indefinitely support my family as a middle-class family that CAN indefinitely afford college tuitions to any college and can afford to bring two children to private elementary/high schools with myself, being the only working parent while my spouse takes care and disciplines my children at home.


I know this was a lot of reading but answering my, basically, essay would be a great development in what type of future I will have so please and thank you ten million times for answering.

well I did state that I wouldn’t mind working from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday to Friday and saturday if I have to, and it’s not like I want to be a doctor just for the money. I’m a type of person that loves to learn regardless about the topic from cars to human anatomy. I always ask myself questions like how do I get a headache so then I will google it, or like what does that word mean then I’ll do the same, or what is skin made out of, what is it’s purpose. I tend to always ask myself and google about the human anatomy. So being a doctor would prove to be a good compensation to the time I spend googling about the human body. So It’s not that I want to be a doctor for the money but to allow myself to continue on the learning experience of the human anatomy. So if you could look behind my money desires for starters, being a doctor is a type of job that will allow me to answer people’s questions like” Arghhh why do I have a headache and how do i get rid of it!!!!!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment